Welcome to the Word of Life Family Church web presence. This Church has been part of the Vereeniging community since its founding in 1952. At that time it was known as Vereeniging Baptist Church, and met at 46 Grey Avenue near the town centre. In the 1990s the Church moved to its current premises at the corner of Zea and Lee Avenues in Arcon Park.
In 1998 the Vereeniging Baptist Church opened the Word of Life Christian School with 16 pupils and three teachers. The School was started as a ministry, reaching out to the community with the Gospel of Jesus (non-doctrinal) while providing affordable, high quality education. The school accommodates children from Grade R to Matric, and is an IEB school. The school serves over 200 children and has a staff complement of 23, of which 18 are teachers.
The Church wished to create a cohesive ‘corporate’ identity, so in 2008 it was agreed to change the name of the Church to Word of Life Baptist Church.
The Church supports a number of Missionaries, as well as the Shalom Children’s Ministry in Heidelberg. It has regular prayer meetings, Bible Study groups, and a Ladies’ Ministry, as well as organising fellowship events each term for the Body.
We hope and pray that the Lord will lead you to the place that He wants to use you. Know that Jesus loves you, and the Church loves you. Please contact the Church office on 016-428-1137 or at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to meet with the Pastor.
«For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.» John 3 17
- Mabusa Ramokgopa — with Pretoria-based CAPRO Missions. He, his wife and baby son are currently serving as a missionary family on the French-speaking island of Mayotte.
- Tyrone Niekerk — full time missionary to the maximum security wing of Groenpunt Prison in Deneysville.
- Shalom Children’s Home in Heidelberg — 47 children have been taken in by Juanita and her family.
- Darren & Andrea van Rensburg — missionaries in Equador.
- Jaco & Amanda Joubert — run an orphanage in Zambia.
- Keith & Christeen Moller and family — missionaries in Malawi, particularly to the Yao people.
- Nel Claassen — translation of the Bible into various African languages.
- Baptist Theological College
- Baptist Union of South Africa
- Multi Ministries
- Eben & Foong Chan Burger — serving under the auspices of SIM in Malaysia.
- Beth & Stephen Kabamba — serve through Child Evangelism Fellowship (CEF) in Zambia.
- Word of Life Christian School — IEB private school offering affordable, quality education.